Deploying a JSP from JDeveloper in Oracle Enterprise Manager

Discussion in 'Java' started by news.amnet.net.au, Oct 9, 2003.

  1. Hi

    I am new to Oracle development work and I have a question about deployment
    procedures.

    I want to deploy a simple JSP that I create in JDeveloper (within a project
    and workspace) and I would like to convert it in JDeveloper so it can be
    deployed by Oracle as a web application.

    I create a simple JSP. Then, in JDeveloper I chose File -> New -> Deployment
    Profiles -> WAR File J2ee web module, which creates s file called
    webapp.deploy. Then I right-clicked on webapp.deploy and choose "save to
    EAR file" .

    I also tried File -> New -> Deployment Profiles -> EAR File J2ee Application
    which creates a file called application.deploy. Then I right-clicked on
    application.deploy and choose "save to EAR file".

    On the Oracle server, I used the Web-based Oracle Enterprise Manager at
    http://myserver:1810 first going to to the right application server, then
    choosing "OC4J Home", then using the button "Deploy EAR file". I uploaded
    the myapp.EAR file and went through the prompts (8 steps), choosing the
    faults (minimal security etc). I tried the same with the product of the
    second procedure.

    However, I do not seem to be able to deploy eny of these. Perhaps I am doing
    this all wrong? How to you save your JSP(s) to an EAR or WAR file so it can
    be deployed by Oracle as a web application?

    Would someone be able to outline the full procedure, that is, what you have
    to do in JDeveloper to get the JSP ready, and afterwards what has to be done
    on the Oracle side tro deploy it within the Oracle Enterprise Manager?

    Any help will be most welcome.

    Thanks very much

    Hugo

    news.amnet.net.au, Oct 9, 2003