Who is the best WebSphere Studio or Oracle JDeveloper??

REM

Can anybody tell me which IDE tools, Web Sphere, JDeveloper or etc, is the
best for the enterprise applications.

I know that JDEveloper have good IDE for map database object but I am
interesting for web presentation, which has the best framework part for web
component, JSP, servlet and etc. I know that in WebSphereStudio can put
plug-in for Struts framework, but it's look very difficult for develop and
support.

--
thanks,

ilica

_________

"If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is
play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."

Alex Kizub

It depends what Application server you use :)
WebSphere - then WSAD;
JDeveloper for Oracle.

Both require huge amount of time and money unles you write applications like
"Hello, World!" (which is very serious too for Application Servers).

Of course you can download and play with both. But if it for playing only then
your question doesn't have sense. Play with both!

Alex Kizub.

Sudsy

Alex said:
It depends what Application server you use :)
WebSphere - then WSAD;
JDeveloper for Oracle.

I'm loathe to disagree but I find that Eclipse with Xdoclet support
can generate code for, and deploy to, most J2EE servers including
IBM's WebSphere and JBoss. Why use multiple tools (IDEs) when you
can just select your target and be done? I can create projects with
entity EJBs utilizing Oracle 8i in Eclipse. I can just as easily
target DB/2.
ps. Isn't WebSphere Studio Application Developer (WSAD) essentially
the same code base as Eclipse? ;-)

Kevin McMurtrie

REM said:
Can anybody tell me which IDE tools, Web Sphere, JDeveloper or etc, is the
best for the enterprise applications.

I know that JDEveloper have good IDE for map database object but I am
interesting for web presentation, which has the best framework part for web
component, JSP, servlet and etc. I know that in WebSphereStudio can put
plug-in for Struts framework, but it's look very difficult for develop and
support.

--
thanks,

ilica

_________

I've heard that JDeveloper is good for the front-end coding. Eclipse is
excellent for plain Java.

shay

Well JDeveloper has built-in visual struts editor and visual JSP/HTML
WYSIWYG editor and drag and drop databinding for these.
Have a look at this demo to see how it works.
http://www.oracle.com/technology/pr...viewer/viewlets/reviewer_jsp_viewlet_swf.html
More demos here:
http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/jdev/collateral/papers/10g/reviewer/reviewerguide.html

And With JDeveloper you can deploy to Oracle Application Server,
JBoss, Tomcat and Weblogic with one-click-deploy.
(and create standard WAR/EAR for any other J2EE application server).

Dave Monroe

REM said:
Can anybody tell me which IDE tools, Web Sphere, JDeveloper or etc, is the
best for the enterprise applications.

I know that JDEveloper have good IDE for map database object but I am
interesting for web presentation, which has the best framework part for web
component, JSP, servlet and etc. I know that in WebSphereStudio can put
plug-in for Struts framework, but it's look very difficult for develop and
support.

I've talked to Oracle sales people that say JDeveloper runs rings
around the competition. Strangely, the competition says the
opposite.

They're all different flavors of the same gruel.