Deploying .NET 2.0 Web Services...

javaordotnet

I have successfully run several tests in dev and my web services is
working perfectly. I am not trying to move it to production on a brand
new box. .NET 2.0 f/w is installed. I successfully created a new web
site to host the web services and a subsequent virtual directory to
house the web services pointing to .NET version 2.0. I even created an
index.htm file on the virtual directories root, such that I can hit
that from a web browser and insure I'm getting the right spot. This all
works.

http://localhost:8000/index.htm WORKS!
http://localhost:8000/webservices/index.htm WORKS!

Problem:

When I go to execute a WSDL listing of the web service from the box I
get a 404 not found error. I have opened up full priviledges to
Network, ASPNET and myself(I created the directories). There are no
messages in the event logger. No messages in the web site log. Just a
stink'n 404 error.

http://localhost:8000/webservices/mywebservice.asmx?wsdl GETS 404
not found.

What am I missing?

Catalin Tomescu

Check if you have an Application created in your virtual folder. On the
Virtual Directory tab there is a section "Application settings". If there is
no app create one and try again.

Regards,
Catalin Tomescu