Design Help!!!

Sriram Pasham

Hi All
I am desperately looking for some help in design issues, wondering if
you could help me!!!

I am desigining an n-tier .NET web application with
UI--Facade--BusinessLogic--DataAccess---Database layers.using ASP.NEt2,
C#2, SQLServer2000....

I have used Codesmith code generation tool with NetTiers template to
geenerate DAL and Business Logic Layer components along with Stored
Procedures. It has basically generated typical DAL components for
CRUD(Create/Retrieve/Update/Delete) operations and business entity
classes at BLL layer.

Now i am stuck with designing a facade layer to make use of the
"Business entities and DAL classes" generated. My idea is to implement a
common access interface for UI to interact with BLL/DAL classes(exactly
in lines with a standard facade factory pattern).I have issues troubling
me for over 2 months now, i have searched for a working/real world
example of facade implementation on NET but no luck...
Could you please help me....

My project requirement is something like this...

I have got a facade factory that creates facade classes for individual
entities (for ex:Organisation, employee, customer etc...)and return a
common interface(say IFacade). At this stage i should mention that my
application has just to achieve simple CRUD implementation with a little
master detail business logic. Each Facade class (implements common
interface that is the return type of
facadefactory.createfacade(facadetype) method) should call business
entities/ DALComponents at the generated code layer and return data
transfer objects(OR CRUD result basically!!) that could be either bound
to UI controls or used to populate UI. What all i wanted to know is how
best i can design facade layer so that it returns a common interface
that can be used to implement CRUD methods.

For ex:
I want to design my facade layer in such a way that the following calls
return a common interface (IFacade) to call CRUD methods of generated
code...
IFacade = FacadeFactory.Createfacade(FacadeType.OrganisationFacade)
IFacade = FacadeFactory.CreateFacade(FacadeType.CustomerFacade)
IFacade = FacadeFactory.CrateFacade(FacadeType.EmployeeFacade)
and something like
OrganisationDataSource = IFacade.GetAllOrganisations() -- in case of
Organisation select
OR IFacade.Create(Organisation) / IFacade.Update(Organisation)
/IFacade.Delete(Organisation)

CustmoerDataSource = IFacade.GetAllCustomers() -- in case of Custmoers
OR IFacade.Create(Customer) / IFacade.Update(Customer)
/IFacade.Delete(Customer)
so on...
I really appreciate your response as i am still not very clear in this
regard...

Thank you very much in advance!!!!
Sriram