device stuck in recovery mode

unknownsoldier

HI,
I have a samsung pmc yh-999 player and it is stuck in the recovery mode. I
downloaded the recovery software but it wont transfer the the file that i
need. I have notice that when i open the recovery tool and try to connect to
the device that it does not appear in the list. I key the name of the player
and it says that it has connected but when i try to transfer the file it wont
let me do it. The recovery tool will say it has connected no matter what i
type into the field. I can see the device under my computer but it is not
under devices with removable storage its under other. Is there any way for me
to get the device to connect under devices with removable storage so that it
is assigned a letter like (F:) so that it hopefully the recovery tool reads
the drive letter. I an using windows xp. If anyone can answer my question id
appreciate it.