Problem installing SQLServerCE on CE5 device

Chris Stephens

I'm working thru the process of getting an existing WM5 application running on a new CE5 device, but the SQLServerCE is giving the error..

"File or assembly name 'System.Data.SqlServerCe, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3BE235DF1C8D2AD3', or one of its dependencies, was not found"

The exception suggests that there are missing SQLServer dll's even tho I'm certain I had installed all the relevant cab files. In order to track down what could be going wrong, I created a new project with a single button that creates a new database file (later changed to open an existing database) and then used the deploy/debug in visual studio to deploy all the required files to the device, in case I was missing something. This gave the same error.

The device lists the following as having been installed...

SQLSeverCompact 3.5 Core
SQLServerCompact 3.5 Repl
SQLServerCompact 3.5 Tools EN

Running the same test against a WM platform, along with changing the target platform in VS, works fine. Also, repeating the same under VS2005 with SQL compact edition 3.0 behaves in the same manner.

Using the query tool that gets installed on the device I am able to create a new database without any problem and when changing the test app to open this db rather than create a new one, the same results are had.

It all points to there being something wrong with the device.

Any ideas?

Chris

IE username:password @domain.com behavior
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...ae5-9d4aa87d6b14/ie-usernamepassword-dom.aspx