Different access rights inside a asp.net page.

williamdiz

hi all,

I am trying to implement a page with different access rights inside
that page for the users. ie inside the page there are different server
controls. whenever user login to the system, some controls may be
invisible, some controls may be readonly and some controls may be
editable. I dont know who to implement this in asp.net. I am new to
asp.net. I am using visual studio 2005.

thanks in advance,
william

williamdiz

thanks for ur help Eliyahu Goldin. i will try this.

regards,
william.
Eliyahu said:
William,

You may want to introduce a class that will maintain user rights and have a
method telling you if the authenticated user has a particular right.
Depending on this, you will setup control properties.
--
Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer & Consultant

hi all,

I am trying to implement a page with different access rights inside
that page for the users. ie inside the page there are different server
controls. whenever user login to the system, some controls may be
invisible, some controls may be readonly and some controls may be
editable. I dont know who to implement this in asp.net. I am new to
asp.net. I am using visual studio 2005.

thanks in advance,
william

Eliyahu Goldin

William,

You may want to introduce a class that will maintain user rights and have a
method telling you if the authenticated user has a particular right.
Depending on this, you will setup control properties.

Sjaakie

You might want to consider creating your own control, inheriting from
the original control. This way you can embed all permission-logic in the
control itself.

Sjaak