Disable Right Click on Embedded Real & Quick Time players.

DILA

Hi,

I have included an embedded Real Player and an embedded Quick Time
Player for streaming videos, in my web pages.

I'm interested in searching for a method or a script to disable the
right-click option in the embedded Real & Quick Time players, because
I don't want the viewers to download the video but to view it while
streaming.

I will be very much grateful to you if you could kindly help me in
finding a method or a script to disable the right-click in embedded
Real & Quick Time Players.

The embedding code -

- Real Player -

<OBJECT id='rvocx' classid='clsid:CFCDAA03-8BE4-11cf-
B84B-0020AFBBCCFA'
width="300" height="200">
<param name='src' value="<?= $login_media_01 ?>.3gp">
<param name='autostart' value="true">
<param name='controls' value='imagewindow'>
<param name='console' value='video'>
<param name='loop' value="true">
<EMBED src="<?= $login_media_01 ?>.3gp" width="350" height="231"
loop="true" type='audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin' controls='imagewindow'
console='video' autostart="true">
</EMBED>
</OBJECT>

- Quick Time Player -

<object classid="clsid:02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B"
width="235" height="187" standby="Data is loading..." codebase="http://
www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab">
<param name="autoplay" value="true">
<param name="loop" value="false">
<param name="controller" value="true">
<embed src="<?= $media_path ?><?= $media ?>.<?= $ext ?>" width="235"
height="187" autoplay="true" loop="false" controller="true"
pluginspage="www.apple.com/quicktime/download/index.htm"></embed>
</object>

I think this can be done by adding a new parameter I'm testing on it,
hope I'll get a good response with an answer from you!

Thank you.

- Dilshan -

Chris Davies

DILA said:
I'm interested in searching for a method or a script to disable the
right-click option in the embedded Real & Quick Time players, because
I don't want the viewers to download the video but to view it while
streaming.

If you allow people to view a streamed video, there is no way you can
stop them "viewing" it in an application that saves the video to disk.

Chris