displaying a list of images, what control you recommend me using?

Jeff

hi

asp.net 2.0

On my webpage I want to display a list of images. Most proparly display the
list horizontal

Sometimes I want only one image to be displayed and sometimes maybe 10
images.
It's the same image I want to be displayed several times in the list.

I know a repeater control for example can display images. but my sticky
point is that a repeater control is AFAIK based on a collection of data.
Instead I want to display the same image several times... If I go about
using repeater control, I would be unsure how to specify that this image
should be repeated x times....

any suggestions?

Hillbilly

Refer to your copy of "Programming for Dummies" and review the sections on
branching logic. Particularly the while statement which can be used to
manage the display of the image(s) you want, the number of times you want,
while some condition remains true.

With all those rules your page is likely going to be chubby, maybe even a
real fatso and will need to be put on a diet using Panel controls which
contain all the HTML for each rule. So you'll need to learn how to disable
and enable the loading of the Panels in the page to ensure the page only
contains what you want.

You'll want to read this article and use what you learn to control what gets
loaded in the page...
http://www.devx.com/tips/Tip/13638