do i need any settings ?

gk

when i make java project and build the java project ....i cant see the
compiled class files from the eclipse package explorer.

thats why , i dont understand whether my classes has been really
compiled or not and in order to verify that i go to workspace and then
go to the package and find for class files.

this takes time.

is it not possibel to see class files from within package explorer ? do
i need any settings ? whats that ?

thanks

Brandon McCombs

gk said:
when i make java project and build the java project ....i cant see the
compiled class files from the eclipse package explorer.

thats why , i dont understand whether my classes has been really
compiled or not and in order to verify that i go to workspace and then
go to the package and find for class files.

this takes time.

is it not possibel to see class files from within package explorer ? do
i need any settings ? whats that ?

thanks

Eclipse won't show you the class files. If you can see the window frame
at the bottom of the screen where the tabs are "Problems", "Javadoc",
"Declaration",and "Console" and click on the Problems tab and you don't
see anything listed there as an error then it compiled fine. If you also
look in the project's folder in the filesystem you *will* see where the
class files got created assuming no errors occurred during compilation.

Did you try running the program yet to test to see if it compiled okay?
If you click on the "Play" button on the toolbar then it will compile
any files that have changed and then run the program in a single step.
You can only do that though after you right-clicked on your main class
file, clicked on Run As on the popup menu, then choose Java Application.
That will add your program as an entry for the "Play" button and you
can see that if you click on the black arrow next to the Play button.
That is sort of a quick access to any of your compiled projects where
you can compile/run in a single step as I said before.