Do I need to Know C++ to use QTRuby

Matthew Borgeson

This is a spawn from a previous post:

The KDE web site says to learn QT before using QtRuby, but when you go
to follow the link it says "We assume you already know C++". How
frustrating and intimidating...

The question I have, as a self taught rubyist, am I better off turning
my attention elsewhere or will I be able to use Qt with my meager one
year of Ruby experience?

Stefano Crocco

Alle Thursday 31 January 2008, Matthew Borgeson ha scritto:
This is a spawn from a previous post:

The KDE web site says to learn QT before using QtRuby, but when you go
to follow the link it says "We assume you already know C++". How
frustrating and intimidating...

The question I have, as a self taught rubyist, am I better off turning
my attention elsewhere or will I be able to use Qt with my meager one
year of Ruby experience?

Your knowledge should be enough to use Qt from ruby. The Qt documentation is
written for people who wants to use it with c++ and warns them: "this
documentation won't teach you how to program in C++. You'll need to learn it
by yourself before reading this".

Of course, since you're not interested in programming in C++, the warning
doesn't concern you. You can safely go on reading.

Stefano