Do multiple webparts act independently with Atlas?

needin4mation

never used WebParts and had a question.

If I have three webparts on my asp.net form. And I use Atlas with
them, do the different webparts act independently or will running them
in succession cause the controls to slow down?

For example,

Say I have three webparts, all Atlas enabled, all unconnected, and I
run the first on webpart control. Okay, while that is running, I click
the second webpart control (or third), then the next, all in rapid
succession.

Will the act of me activating all the controls cause slowdown, simliar
to if I did a postback and the page had to gather information for all
the controls? Will a long query in one slow down the others?

I hope this makes sense. I would like the user to be able to update
various zone without thinking they are slowing everything down with
each subsequent query in the other zones.

Thank you.