linking gridview webparts with atlas

Guest

Hi,
I have two webparts with updatepanel and gridview in each webpart. Using
the web part manager and web part connection gives me the key to filter the
second (detail) gridview, which works fine without atlas, however with atlas
it requires me to use a refresh button (or use the select or sort) in the
second gridview.

What trigger should I use to have the second updatepanel refresh, or what
would be the recommended process to get the second webpart updated based on a
selection from the first? gridview1.selectedindexchanged is unknown to the
second webpart. I'd like to avoid putting both in the same webpart if
possible.

thanks,
Larry