Does anyone know of any good articles on how to set up web authoring in ASP.NET?

malcolm

FrontPage extensions has long been the standard as the authoring
protocal for IIS, but for ASP.NET there seems to be another new
authoring method. Does anyone know of any good articles on how to set
this up? What does this mean for Visual Source Safe? Most importantly,
I'm trying to set up Remote Debugging for my ASP.NET app. To get this
to work, do I need to open any ports? FrontPage extensions ran on port
80, so it wasn't an issue...

I've always worked in "Master Mode" in classic ASP. From what I can
tell, the new way is more similar to a sort of "Local Mode", this is
what I'm trying to get set up, because it allows you to debug ASP.NET
apps where the server can be hosted somewhere else (for example on the
Internet). I think I'm supposed to use my local version of IIS or
something, but then this IIS synchs somehow with the IIS on the server
when I check everything in.

Any thoughts?

thanks, dave