Does Ruby support package for GUI Testing?

Ulrich Susai

Hi,

I would like to know if Ruby support some package for GUI Testing?
My requirement is to test a .Net / C# based GUI application.

Earlier I have used Ruby Watir for Web Testing.

Please let me know on this

Thanks,
Ulrich

Phlip

Ulrich said:
Hi,

I would like to know if Ruby support some package for GUI Testing?
My requirement is to test a .Net / C# based GUI application.

Earlier I have used Ruby Watir for Web Testing.

Your question reveals the heartbreaking distance between the state of the art in
software engineering and .Net.

Ruby is not some language invented as the scripting layer for a thru-the-GUI
test tool.

Test .Net using NUnit:

http://www.nunit.org/index.php

However, if your program was not already written with unit tests, then you are
on a fools' mission. You are the good money thrown after bad. The authors of
that program should have been writing it with unit tests, the way Charlie and
others like him have been telling programmers to do for the past decade.

And notice I'm talking about tests that run from inside the program, calling its
methods and objects directly, with nothing between the tests and code to add
noise. If you had such tests, then writing tests that reach out to GUI objects
and treat them as objects would be very easy.

Mike Stephens

Ulrich said:
Hi,

I would like to know if Ruby support some package for GUI Testing?
My requirement is to test a .Net / C# based GUI application.

Earlier I have used Ruby Watir for Web Testing.

Please let me know on this

Thanks,
Ulrich

The package is Win32API. There is book all about this called GUI
Scripted Testing with Ruby http://oreilly.com/catalog/9781934356180/ .
It's a lot simpler than you might imagine.