Domain Redirecting and File Locations

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Carl Gilbert, Apr 12, 2006.

  1. Carl Gilbert

    Carl Gilbert Guest

    Hi

    I have a web application that uses System.Web.Mail to send off an email once
    the user has populated some text boxes.
    The aspx pages loads up ok on local host so I uploaded it to my web space
    with 1&1 (1and1).

    I have created a folder on my web space called tm and put the appropriate
    files in there.
    I have then pointed www.airbrushesonline.co.uk at the 'tm' folder. The rest
    of the site loads but the aspx page does not. If I then try to access the
    page directly by using http://www.airbrushesonline.co.uk/tm/enquiry.aspx
    then the page loads but the images are missing.

    I have another domain www.ubervoid.com and this domain is directed to the
    root of my web space. If I access the aspx page directly using this domain
    then everything works ok.
    http://www.ubervoid.com/tm/enquiry.aspx
    The images show up and the site actually send the email!

    Can someone please clarify what is going on here as I want to point my
    domain to a folder so if the user simply typed in www.airbrushesonline.co.uk
    they would see the index page of the tm folder. This is how it is
    configured at the moment but as I mentioned the aspx page will not load.

    When the page fails to load it says I should turn off custom errors in
    web.config but I have done this. I get the feeling it doesn't like the
    domain being pointed somewhere else and the files being in another place
    that doesn't quite match what's being shown in the address bar.

    Hope someone can help. Please let me know if you want to see any of my
    source files.

    Many thanks, Carl Gilbert

    Carl Gilbert, Apr 12, 2006