Dragging your DIVs to other places and remember the positions

M@r(o

Could anyone please help me out?
I am working on a new Intranethomepage for our company, and I really,
really would like to make something similar to http://www.google.nl/ig?
hl=nl .
There you can reposition de DIVs and their content and the position is
written in a cookie.
What I like to do is make ons page (no tabs) with several items which
one could reposition and that the positions are written in a
personalised database record.

I can figure out that last part (about writing to a personalised
database record) but the repositioning and what is to be saved in the
record is a comlpete mistery to me.
I have tried to decode the google way of this but it's far too
complicated.
So if anyone could help me out I would be really greatfull. :)

TIA,
Marco Hoefman

PS. BTW. I use Smartsite for CMS

pcx99

M@r(o said:
[...]

A few warnings:

1] This links to my site and one of my articles so it's a shameless plug.

2] It doesn't do exactly what you want because it doesn't attempt to
save the location and it doesn't "snap" into pre-positioned blocks like
google's page does.

3] It makes no attempt to work with every browser in existence -- it was
tested only on FF 2, IE7 and Opera9.

That said, it does break down how to drag and drop a floating division
and you can use that as a springboard and platform to develop the
application you wanted.

Hope this helps you out a bit. Good luck!
http://www.hunlock.com/blogs/Javascript_Drag_and_Drop

-Lost

pcx99 said:
M@r(o said:
[...]

I love your site. I visit it as much as I visit, Richard's, Randy's, Laurent's, John's
and Martin's (among a few others).

Anyway... thanks for a great example.

-Lost