Dreamweaver & Google indexing of menu

NewsGuy

Last week I posted a question under "Applet menu and google spiders". From
my previous thread (and my own personal experience) I am under the impresion
that Google has a problem indexing java aplet menus.

I am meeting a 'consultant' tomorow at 10 am, who may help me refine my web
site. He uses Dreamweaver. Knowing nothing of dreamweaver firsthand, I am
wondering how there menu system works and if I may have similar problems
with indexing by Google (like I did with my java aplet menu). I am redoing
my whole site, and one item on my list is to *make *sure *Google *can *index
*the *whole *site.

TIA!
John

Tonnie

NewsGuy said:
Last week I posted a question under "Applet menu and google spiders". From
my previous thread (and my own personal experience) I am under the impresion
that Google has a problem indexing java aplet menus.

I am meeting a 'consultant' tomorow at 10 am, who may help me refine my web
site. He uses Dreamweaver. Knowing nothing of dreamweaver firsthand, I am
wondering how there menu system works and if I may have similar problems
with indexing by Google (like I did with my java aplet menu). I am redoing
my whole site, and one item on my list is to *make *sure *Google *can *index
*the *whole *site.

Hi NewsGuy,

Use normal anchors like:

David Dorward

NewsGuy said:
I am meeting a 'consultant' tomorow at 10 am, who may help me refine my
web site. He uses Dreamweaver.

Which means very little. Its a tool. It can be used to delude people into
thinking they can construct a good website when they cannot, it can be used
by an expert to speed up the design process. You can't judge the quality of
a developer on their choice to use Dreamweaver.

Steve Pugh

NewsGuy said:
Last week I posted a question under "Applet menu and google spiders". From
my previous thread (and my own personal experience) I am under the impresion
that Google has a problem indexing java aplet menus.

I am meeting a 'consultant' tomorow at 10 am, who may help me refine my web
site. He uses Dreamweaver. Knowing nothing of dreamweaver firsthand, I am
wondering how there menu system works and if I may have similar problems
with indexing by Google (like I did with my java aplet menu). I am redoing
my whole site, and one item on my list is to *make *sure *Google *can *index
*the *whole *site.

DW creates whatever the user tells it to create. A menu
created/inserted via DW could be HTML, JavaScript, Java, Flash or
anything else. Ask the consultant what he intends to use.

Steve

NewsGuy

DW creates whatever the user tells it to create. A menu
created/inserted via DW could be HTML, JavaScript, Java, Flash or
anything else. Ask the consultant what he intends to use.

Simple question, simple answer...
NewsGuy tips his hat to steve!

Andy Dingley

I am meeting a 'consultant' tomorow

He's a wanker.
He uses Dreamweaver.

He's a wanker.

No-one with anything resembling a clue has called _themselves_ a
"consultant" since the mobile phone shop assistants started calling
themselves that.

Big Bill

He's a wanker.

He's a wanker.

No-one with anything resembling a clue has called _themselves_ a
"consultant" since the mobile phone shop assistants started calling
themselves that.

Um...I do...now and then...

BB

Big Bill

Last week I posted a question under "Applet menu and google spiders". From
my previous thread (and my own personal experience) I am under the impresion
that Google has a problem indexing java aplet menus.

I am meeting a 'consultant' tomorow at 10 am, who may help me refine my web
site. He uses Dreamweaver. Knowing nothing of dreamweaver firsthand, I am
wondering how there menu system works and if I may have similar problems
with indexing by Google (like I did with my java aplet menu). I am redoing
my whole site, and one item on my list is to *make *sure *Google *can *index
*the *whole *site.

TIA!
John

Plain text links work best. If you must have drop-down this and that
then make sure down the bottom of the page you duplicate the links in
a plain text format. Also it's a great idea to have a site map made up
of plain text links too.

BB