    knowledgeable anyway. Can anyone point me to some coding for drop down menus
    that I could adopt - I've forgotten the websites of where to look ?

    Please note return email address is incorrect.

    David Springthorpe, Mar 19, 2008

  2. David Springthorpe

    SAM Guest

    David Springthorpe a écrit :

    <form action="myMenu.htm"
    onsubmit="var k = this.selection.selectedIndex;
    var p = this.selection.options[k].text;
    if(confirm('Do you really wants the page :\n'+p)
    location = this.selection.options[k].value;
    else return false;">
    <select name="selection">
    <option value="home.htm">HOME
    <option value="design.htm">CRAFT
    <option value="contact.htm">contact me
    </select>
    <input type=submit>
    </form>

    SAM, Mar 19, 2008

  3. Thanks, but I was thinking more of the more sophisticated type where the menu
    drops down (and possibly a sub-menu that drops right) when you hover and you
    then click the link directly, and you can format the appearance.

    David Springthorpe, Mar 19, 2008
  4. Please note that this is a violation of Internet standards and disregard
    of Usenet etiquette (Netiquette), which causes your request to be
    automatically or manually ignored.

    F'up2 poster

    PointedEars

    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Mar 19, 2008
  5. Just WTF are you going on about ? I'm merely indicating that replies need to be
    posted to the group rather than emailed ! If you can't help, go away then.

    David Springthorpe, Mar 19, 2008
  6. David Springthorpe

    Jeff North Guest

    It is best not to use javascripting for your menus. If someone has js
    disabled then your site has no (or greatly degraded) navigation.

    Use CSS for display and functionality. Tons of examples can be found
    at http://www.cssplay.co.uk/ by Stuart Nicholls.
    -- -------------------------------------------------------------
    : Remove your pants to reply
    -- -------------------------------------------------------------

    Jeff North, Mar 19, 2008
  7. David Springthorpe

    rf Guest

    Bull fucking shit!

    rf, Mar 20, 2008
  8. David Springthorpe

    SAM Guest

    David Springthorpe a écrit :
    Didn't I read :
    "I haven't played with Javascript for a while now and I was never very
    knowledgeable anyway." ?

    see that :
    <http://www.cssplay.co.uk/menus/index.html>

    SAM, Mar 20, 2008
  9. In comp.lang.javascript message <[email protected]
    com>, Thu, 20 Mar 2008 10:15:14, David Springthorpe <[email protected]
    idxx.com.au> posted:
    Be aware that BigEars appears to be naturally obnoxious, both in Big8
    groups and in The Kaiser had better manners; but BigEars
    considers himself to be more important.

    Dr J R Stockton, Mar 20, 2008