Drop Down Menus

David Springthorpe

Hello,

I haven't played with Javascript for a while now and I was never very
knowledgeable anyway. Can anyone point me to some coding for drop down menus
that I could adopt - I've forgotten the websites of where to look ?

Please note return email address is incorrect.

SAM

David Springthorpe a écrit :
Hello,

I haven't played with Javascript for a while now and I was never very
knowledgeable anyway. Can anyone point me to some coding for drop down menus
that I could adopt - I've forgotten the websites of where to look ?

<form action="myMenu.htm"
onsubmit="var k = this.selection.selectedIndex;
var p = this.selection.options[k].text;
if(confirm('Do you really wants the page :\n'+p)
location = this.selection.options[k].value;
else return false;">
<select name="selection">
<option value="home.htm">HOME
<option value="design.htm">CRAFT
<option value="contact.htm">contact me
</select>
<input type=submit>
</form>

David Springthorpe

<form action="myMenu.htm"
onsubmit="var k = this.selection.selectedIndex;
var p = this.selection.options[k].text;
if(confirm('Do you really wants the page :\n'+p)
location = this.selection.options[k].value;
else return false;">
<select name="selection">
<option value="home.htm">HOME
<option value="design.htm">CRAFT
<option value="contact.htm">contact me
</select>
<input type=submit>
</form>

Thanks, but I was thinking more of the more sophisticated type where the menu
drops down (and possibly a sub-menu that drops right) when you hover and you
then click the link directly, and you can format the appearance.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

David said:
[...]
Please note return email address is incorrect.

Please note that this is a violation of Internet standards and disregard
of Usenet etiquette (Netiquette), which causes your request to be
automatically or manually ignored.

F'up2 poster

PointedEars

David Springthorpe

David said:
[...]
Please note return email address is incorrect.

Please note that this is a violation of Internet standards and disregard
of Usenet etiquette (Netiquette), which causes your request to be
automatically or manually ignored.

Just WTF are you going on about ? I'm merely indicating that replies need to be
posted to the group rather than emailed ! If you can't help, go away then.

Jeff North

| Hello,
|
| I haven't played with Javascript for a while now and I was never very
| knowledgeable anyway. Can anyone point me to some coding for drop down menus
| that I could adopt - I've forgotten the websites of where to look ?
|
| Please note return email address is incorrect.

It is best not to use javascripting for your menus. If someone has js
disabled then your site has no (or greatly degraded) navigation.

Use CSS for display and functionality. Tons of examples can be found
at http://www.cssplay.co.uk/ by Stuart Nicholls.
-- -------------------------------------------------------------
(e-mail address removed) : Remove your pants to reply
-- -------------------------------------------------------------

rf

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn said:
David said:
[...]
Please note return email address is incorrect.

Please note that this is a violation of Internet standards and disregard
of Usenet etiquette (Netiquette), which causes your request to be
automatically or manually ignored.

Bull fucking shit!

SAM

David Springthorpe a écrit :
(snip)

Thanks, but I was thinking more of the more sophisticated type where the menu
drops down (and possibly a sub-menu that drops right) when you hover and you
then click the link directly, and you can format the appearance.

Didn't I read :
"I haven't played with Javascript for a while now and I was never very
knowledgeable anyway." ?

see that :
<http://www.cssplay.co.uk/menus/index.html>

Dr J R Stockton

In comp.lang.javascript message <8f73u350j6hia6buqm0jrsqhtp066icj9c@4ax.
com>, Thu, 20 Mar 2008 10:15:14, David Springthorpe <david.springthorpe@
idxx.com.au> posted:
David said:
[...]
Please note return email address is incorrect.

Please note that this is a violation of Internet standards and disregard
of Usenet etiquette (Netiquette), which causes your request to be
automatically or manually ignored.

Just WTF are you going on about ? I'm merely indicating that replies need to be
posted to the group rather than emailed ! If you can't help, go away then.

Be aware that BigEars appears to be naturally obnoxious, both in Big8
groups and in The Kaiser had better manners; but BigEars
considers himself to be more important.