Dropdownlist is not covered by my menu even if its z-index is higher

Ashish

Hi Everyone
I have a menu which is generated using xml and xslt.
When I click on one of the menu items it displays its submenu. Since the
menu has higher z-index it covers any other content on webpage except
dropdownlist. I have seen a posting on internet saying that the dropdownlist
is rendered last that is why it is not covered. Is this is bug? If it is
then can anyone please tell me a workaround.

Thanks,

Ashish

amr.aljarhi

I have encountered the same problem before. As far as I can remember,
it was a website that had a javascript-driven menu and was displayed in
a layer. The menu would cover everything that is rendered on the page
except for the comboboxes. If the menu is a client-side menu, and does
not post back to the server expanding/collapsing, then I would suggest
that you associate the menuclick or mouseover events with a javascript
function that loops on all the html controls in the page, and hides all
the combos by setting thier visibility to false. You will also need
another function to show them again.

David Alexander

I wonder if you are doing anything in JavaScript that populates the combobox
or does anything else that causes it to repaint itself after clickevent on
the menu.

Ashish Gokhale

I just wanted to see that this behavious is seen by others. That means
there is nothing wrong with my code and I can go for a workaround

Ashish Kaila

Try using flow layout for the webform. I think I have encountered something
like this before and flowlayout may fix it.
Ashish