dynamic combo box not showing on the screen

Idelso Quintero

Hi all:
Probably this is a basic question but i am relatively new to
javascript, so i would appreciate any help.
I have to dynamicly create a combo box and locate it inside a table.
Not only the content has to be dynamicly generated but the combo box
itself as well, since it should only be seen if certain input
conditions apply. I wrote the code to using the DOM, write the combo
and its content when the input is correct and also remove it from the
document tree when needed. The thing is that using alert statements i
can see the it has been added to the tree, but i do not see it added
on the screen. Is there any refresh function that i must invoke to be
able to see it disappear/appear on the screen?
I should also mention that the fix should work for Internet Explorer.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Robert

The thing is that using alert statements i
can see the it has been added to the tree, but i do not see it added
on the screen.

May want to consider developing in Firefox. Firefox has a DOM
inspector.

You may want to use my debug function to simulate a text console.
See:
It is article seven with subject: Re: calculating amounts very
strange thing
Is there any refresh function that i must invoke to be
able to see it disappear/appear on the screen?

No. The screen is automatically updated.
I should also mention that the fix should work for Internet Explorer.

You should be able to do this with any modern browser.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

You have not made any obvious mistakes. We need to see your code for
further comments.

Robert