Earthquake Forecasting Program July 11, 2005

Aidan Karley

Oh for a newsreader that can eliminate all such ugly excessively
cross-posted articles lacking follow-ups. PLONK thread is the only
remaining answer.
See my reply posted to alt.disasters.misc and
sci.geo.earthquakes for an alternative strategy. But yes, cross-posting
like that is highly irritating, which makes the actual purpose of the
original posting highly suspect.
I don't know which of the comp.lang groups you're coming from,
but since any of them could probably be used to write cross-post
filtering code ... I'll leave the lot in.

edgrsprj

Oh for a newsreader that can eliminate all such ugly excessively
cross-posted articles lacking follow-ups. PLONK thread is the only
remaining answer.

Posted by E.D.G. June 14, 2006

In my opinion, even moderated Internet Newsgroups cannot provide the
necessary control for adequately protected scientific communications. I
have in mind the development of a sophisticated Web site based Internet
Bulletin Board which past experiences indicate to me should work. The Web
site running that bulletin board should be of interest to computer
programmers around the globe regardless of what programming language they
are using.

Richard E Maine

edgrsprj said:
Posted by E.D.G. June 14, 2006

In my opinion, even moderated Internet Newsgroups cannot provide the
necessary control for adequately protected scientific communications. I
have in mind the development of a sophisticated Web site based Internet
Bulletin Board which past experiences indicate to me should work. The Web
site running that bulletin board should be of interest to computer
programmers around the globe regardless of what programming language they
are using.

Wow. That is an impressive display of.... ummm.... understanding. :)

Yes, I guess plonk thread will have to do.

(My news server wouldn't even accept this as a followup until I trimmed
a few of the groups.)