Eclipse classic vs Java EE

ccc31807

I'm updating a seriously outdated version of Eclipse, and I notice on
the Eclipse site
http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/
a number of options, including Eclipse Classic and Eclipse IDE for
Java EE.

Now, a really stupid question: which one is better?

Just kidding. ;-) But I really would like to know if there is any
significant difference between the two, and if so, what the difference
is. I don't to EE, but I will be migrating that way in a year
probably.

I'm a modest user of Java, and although I have NetBeans, JBuilder,
VS.NET, JEdit, Textpad, and a couple of others, my development tools
consists of vi, javac, java, jar, and javadoc. I'm beginning to find
that there are insufficient for what I'm doing.

Thanks, CC.

Arne Vajhøj

ccc31807 said:
I'm updating a seriously outdated version of Eclipse, and I notice on
the Eclipse site
http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/
a number of options, including Eclipse Classic and Eclipse IDE for
Java EE.

Now, a really stupid question: which one is better?

Just kidding. ;-) But I really would like to know if there is any
significant difference between the two, and if so, what the difference
is. I don't to EE, but I will be migrating that way in a year
probably.

I believe the difference is in which plugins are pre-installed.

Arne

ccc31807

Apparently, Classic comse with the source, and EE comes with a lot of
plugins. I don't need either at this point, but I'll probably use the
plugins rather than the source.

Thanks, CC.