Eclipse - project not built

rp

Using Eclipse 3.2.0, I have checked out a java project from a svn
repository. When trying to build the project I keep getting error:

The project was not built due to "Could not write file: filename.".
Fix the problem, then try refreshing this project and building it
since it may be inconsistent

I have tried to check out project on many machines and only on one
machine, Eclipse gives this error. I have tried Project > Clean,
closing and opening Eclipse, switching workspace and opening with the
same workspace - some suggested solutions for the problem given by
google search. Every time I try to build, error is for different file.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Manish Pandit

Using Eclipse 3.2.0, I have checked out a java project from a svn
repository. When trying to build the project I keep getting error:

The project was not built due to "Could not write file: filename.".
Fix the problem, then try refreshing this project and building it
since it may be inconsistent

I have tried to check out project on many machines and only on one
machine, Eclipse gives this error. I have tried Project > Clean,
closing and opening Eclipse, switching workspace and opening with the
same workspace - some suggested solutions for the problem given by
google search. Every time I try to build, error is for different file.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Did it come with its own build.xml (ant) or pom.xml (maven) ? You can
try to build it outside of Eclipse and see if you get a different, or
more informative message.

-cheers,
Manish