efficiently sharing projects in Eclipse - ideas?

Alex Hunsley

Our team of developers share projects in Eclipse using the CVS plugin.
These projects tend to be either J2ME projects (we use MyEclipse plugin)
or servlet projects (using SysDeo plugin).
It always seems to take a little too long for a developer to check out a
1project that they've not worked on before and just get it working.
(Obviously, the dependencies on J2ME/tomcat are the main sticking points
of problems.)
My question is: has anyone got any good advice or experiences with
minimising these setup time delays? I'm thinking of good practices that
people might have in mind.
Using Eclipse classpath variables and having each developer define some
standard variables relating to their own machine setup is a good idea
(see 'Sharing projects with others' section at
http://www.aspectprogrammer.org/blogs/adrian/2006/02/tips_for_using.html
for a longer explanation of this) and is an example of the sorts of
measures I'm looking for to make things more efficient.
Thanks for reading!
lex