Enterprise Library deployment problem. Why needs to InstallUtil DLLs to the deployment server? If no

Benny Ng

Hi,All,
When i deploy Enterprise library with my application ,i used XCOPY to
deploy it into my test server. But when application runs, shown some error
related registry. (But actually I haven't any method or component to wrote
registry)

After I used "InstallUtil" to registry Enterprise Library (those DLLs)
to the deployment server, the application runs smoothly.

Now I wonder why i need to registry those Enterprise Library DLLs into
the server? and XCOPY not?

---The following is the register code-----
@ECHO Installing Services for the Common Application Block

if Exist Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common.dll installutil %1
Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common.dll

@if errorlevel 1 goto :error

@ECHO Installing Services for the Caching Application Block

if Exist Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching.dll installutil %1
Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Caching.dll

@if errorlevel 1 goto :error

@ECHO Installing Services for the ConfigurationApplication Block

if Exist Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Configuration.dll installutil
%1 Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Configuration.dll

@if errorlevel 1 goto :error

@ECHO Installing Services for the Cryptography Application Block

if Exist Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Cryptography.dll
installutil %1
Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.Cryptography.dll

@if errorlevel 1 goto :error

@ECHO Installing Services for the Data Access Application Block

if Exist Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.dll installutil %1
Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.dll

@if errorlevel 1 goto :error

@ECHO Installing Services for the Exception Handling Application Block

if Exist Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.dll
installutil %1 Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.dll

@if errorlevel 1 goto :error

@ECHO Installing Services for the Logging and Instrumentation Application
Block

if Exist Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.dll installutil %1
Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.dll

@if errorlevel 1 goto :error

@ECHO Installing Services for the Security Application Block

if Exist Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.dll installutil %1

@ECHO InstallServices.bat Completed

@ECHO.