ENV VAR addresses

Borked Pseudo Mailed

Nick said:
But the OP seems only to want "a more effiecient" way of reading
EVs. How does he know getenv() is too slow? Has he timed it?

"Then you are a troll and an idiot." Or something.

It's clear as day what the OP is trying to do, especially to
those who have been paying attention to his other posts
in recent days. Hint: It's got absolutely nothing to do with
efficiency. Hint: getenv() is completely useless for what he's
trying to do.

The rest of your post is so amusing that I feel the need to quote
it. Look for the pattern:

"I disagree [I disagree!]... usually without *any*
trouble. [Hang on, maybe I agree!]"

"a perfect example of your idiocy [I disagree!] The
last time I saw a need to fool arounbd with implemtaion
behaviour with fopen() was on VMS. [Hang on, maybe I
agree!]"

If there are systems out there for which you have to fool
around with implementation-defined behavior or properties
when using fopen(), then clearly there are implementation-
defined aspects of fopen() that you must consider whenever
using the function in "portable" code. If you're going to
have to make allowances for different systems out there,
then you may as well simply use the best solution for each
system anyway. (Or different *possible* systems out
there - remember, this is comp.lang.c, home of the abstract
machine, so we can't consider what *is* out there, as you are
doing when you talk about VMS and IBM mainframes, in much
the same way as we're not allowed to consider what *is* out
there when talking about hardware-based stacks.)

Yours,
Han from China