Error Rendering Control: unable to cast object of type "System.Web.UI.Page"

epatrick

I have a series of custom controls developed under ASP.NET 1.1, and
I've successfully migrated to ASP.NET 2.0. I have also developed a
custom class dervied from System.Web.UI.Page, called qbo.Web.Page.
All of these controls compile and run correctly under ASP.NET 2.0.

However, several of these controls throw an error in the design mode
of VS.NET 2005. Specifically, controls that include a property
override of Page (to cast as a qbo.Web.Page, instead of a
System.Web.UI.Page) throw the following error:

Error Rendering Control
An unhandled exception has occurred.
Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.UI.Page' to type
'qbo.Web.Page'.

In addition to the annoying display in VS.NET 2005'd design mode,
these controls are not detected and creates in the
{page}.aspx.designer.cs partial class.

epatrick

I suppose I failed to ask any questions in my post. Thus: any
suggestions for working around this issue?