Error: Server object, ASP 0177 (0x800401F3) ..:: SOS ::..

Nikhil Kumar Desai

Error Type:
Server object, ASP 0177 (0x800401F3)
Invalid ProgID. For additional information specific to
this message please visit the Microsoft Online Support
site located at:
/forums/functions/functions_upload.asp, line 108

I'm getting this error, how do I rectify this.. this error
comes at this stage.
Set objUpload = Server.CreateObject("Persits.Upload.1")

What should I do now?

Nikhil Desai

How do I check whether ASP Upload is installed or not?

If not installed, from where can I install it?

Ray at

You can see if it's installed by checking your add/remove programs on the
server, I'd imagine. If you don't have it, you have to buy it. Where did
this code come from that's trying to use it? www.aspupload.com

Ray at home

Guest

I installed DUNDAS ASPUpload, which has been downloaded
from www.dundas.com.. the application is working fine on
my system but what do I have to do, If I want to do the
same thing on my web server..

Means that I have purchased some space online to host my
site & I don't think I can install the DUNDAS ASPUpload
application on my own, so how do I do it in the web
server? This is actually a small DLL file, which does all
the magic... so, how do I install this DLL into the server?

Ray at

You'll have to inquire with your host for what sort up file uploading
solution they offer, if they do, or if they will install that component on
the server for you, after you've proven you have a license for it.

Ray at home

Nikhil

But the application is a freeware, provided by Dundas..
so, Can I ask my hosting company to install it for me.
Will he charge me extra?