Event Handlers

Dave

Hi,

I've been trying to read up on event handing and am trying to find good
resources on the internet. I was wondering if anyone had any?

Also has anyone got some good examples of an event handling system
written in C++?

noone

Hi,

I've been trying to read up on event handing and am trying to find good
resources on the internet. I was wondering if anyone had any?

Also has anyone got some good examples of an event handling system written
in C++?

I don't believe the C++ core features address event handling since that is
more of a platform/task level implementation and the language
specifications try to be as generic as possible. Of course you can do
event handling in C++. there are many implementations such as the QT GUI
platform that runs under X11/Unix and Windoze.

Noah Roberts

noone said:
I don't believe the C++ core features address event handling since that is
more of a platform/task level implementation and the language
specifications try to be as generic as possible. Of course you can do
event handling in C++. there are many implementations such as the QT GUI
platform that runs under X11/Unix and Windoze.

Qt extends the core language.

If you want "event handling" in C++ look at boost::signals and/or the
observer pattern.