Extending IIdentity help

Spondishy

Hi,

I'm attempting to extend IIdentity to enable me to have more
information on the user (email etc) and store it in a cookie. I assume
I am extending the correct object (but if not shout up).

Anyhow I've had a good stab at this, but I don't appear to get my
extended identity back out of the cookie.

At present I'm creating a FormsAuthenticationTicket by decrypting the
cookie and then applying FormsIdentity(ticket) in an attempt to get the
identity. I can't cast this back to my extended identity (only
IIdentity).

I know I'm going wrong. Has anyone a really good example of extending
IIdentity, storing in cookies, retrieving the principal and sending to
the webapp so it can use the user data.

Help as always really appreciated.

Thanks.