"External component has thrown an exception" when building solutio

Ghistos

Hi all,

Randomly, I receive this error when I build my solution. I work on a web
project for
4 months now and I began to receive this error yesterday.

When I click on Buil or Rebuild Solution, I get this error without much more
informations. If, I try to rebuild it, when I'm lucky, the error disapear and
I can run the website.

James Clarke

I had the same problem but for building a website in the solution. I narrowed it down by building each page one by one and found that I had some reference problems to some user controls and namespace issues which weren't being picked up on build. Try this and see what you find.

Cheers,

James Clarke