    Comments or suggestions are welcome.

    Thanks.

    Andriy Kornatskyy

    Andriy Kornatskyy, Sep 23, 2012

  2. Andriy Kornatskyy

    Roy Smith Guest

    That's a nice comparison, thanks for posting it.

    One thing that's worth pointing out, however, is that in a real world
    application, as long as you're using something halfway decent, the speed
    of the framework is probably not going to matter at all. It's much more
    likely that database throughput will be the dominating factor.

    Roy Smith, Sep 23, 2012

  3. Roy Smith, 23.09.2012 16:02:
    Yes, that makes the comparison (which may or may not be biased towards his
    own engine) a bit less interesting. Worth keeping this in mind:

    http://www.codeirony.com/?p=9

    Stefan

    Stefan Behnel, Sep 23, 2012
  4. I'd like to say thanks for the link but unfortunately for me, but good
    news for you (plural), is that I've bust a gut laughing out loud, so I
    won't :)

    Oh alright then thanks for the link.

    Mark Lawrence, Sep 23, 2012
  5. If we take a look at web application we can split it into at least two parts, one that renders things out and the other one that does data extraction, e.g. from database (this is what you are pointing at).

    If you made a first call to database you get your list and can easily cacheit. The next call IS without impact that database call may cause... but you still keep serving pages out...

    Thanks.

    Andriy

    Subject: Re: Fastest web framework

    Andriy Kornatskyy, Sep 23, 2012
  6. Andriy Kornatskyy, 23.09.2012 19:42:
    Well, if it was really that easy, you wouldn't be using a database in the
    first place but static pages, would you?

    Stefan

    Stefan Behnel, Sep 23, 2012
  7. The problem is that easy if you have a complete control over what you arecaching.

    Complete control over cache may look a challenging task however with use of cache dependency you can lower it significantly. Take a look here:
    http://packages.python.org/wheezy.caching/userguide.html#cachedependency

    If you have a willing to go even further consider take a look at content caching:
    http://packages.python.org/wheezy.http/userguide.html#content-cache

    Serving static page out of your data is not that impossible... there are still exceptions, of cause.

    Thanks.

    Andriy

    Andriy Kornatskyy, Sep 23, 2012