fixed and stretching cells

danielhoin

I am making a table with pictures that need to be a certain way for
content and alignment to allow for stretching. My problem is that I
have a table section that has three cells, two in the left column and
one in the right.

The first row has a small cell (1) first (this cannot stretch) and
then my content cell (2) with a rowspan of 2 which needs to stretch
vertically.

The second row has a tall cell (3) that should stretch vetically with
the content cell.

The problem is that BOTH left column cells expand in relation to
content in the right. I have tried max-height, making cell 3 height
100%, and FYI this is in a master page content place holder.

1 2

pecan

danielhoin said:
I am making a table with pictures that need to be a certain way for
content and alignment to allow for stretching. My problem is that I
have a table section that has three cells, two in the left column and
one in the right.

The first row has a small cell (1) first (this cannot stretch) and
then my content cell (2) with a rowspan of 2 which needs to stretch
vertically.

The second row has a tall cell (3) that should stretch vetically with
the content cell.

The problem is that BOTH left column cells expand in relation to
content in the right. I have tried max-height, making cell 3 height
100%, and FYI this is in a master page content place holder.

1 2

Try using colspan and rowspan. First block has colspan 1 and rowspan 1,
second block has colspan 1 and rowspan 2. Third block (which is in the
second row, if I understand you correctly) needs colspan 1 and rowspan 1.
Then if you fix the size of the first block, the others will sloy into
place.

CM