Form input fields reset problem

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by andrew, Dec 1, 2007.

  1. andrew

    andrew Guest

    Hi,

    I have an HTML form (generated by php) which I am rendering in
    Internet Explorer 6.

    My original problem was that if the user submitted the form, and then
    used the back button to return to the form (desirable ability), then
    all the fields in the form would reset to their default values,
    forcing the user to re-enter them to submit the form similarly as
    previously.

    I fixed most of those resets by doing (IE 6): Tools -> Internet
    Options (General tab) -> Settings -> Check for newer versions of
    stored pages -> Never -> OK -> Delete Files -> Delete all offline
    content (checked) -> OK -> OK.

    This prevented selects and plain text fields from resetting.
    However,
    some text fields with defaults set using JavaScript date libraries
    continue to reset to their defaults.

    Notes: this does not occur in Firefox. I am using frames populated
    dynamically (javascript). Another highly similar page (static html
    only, no php) does not exhibit this in the same browser.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks!

    andrew, Dec 1, 2007