Form input fields reset problem

andrew

Hi,

I have an HTML form (generated by php) which I am rendering in
Internet Explorer 6.

My original problem was that if the user submitted the form, and then
used the back button to return to the form (desirable ability), then
all the fields in the form would reset to their default values,
forcing the user to re-enter them to submit the form similarly as
previously.

I fixed most of those resets by doing (IE 6): Tools -> Internet
Options (General tab) -> Settings -> Check for newer versions of
stored pages -> Never -> OK -> Delete Files -> Delete all offline
content (checked) -> OK -> OK.

This prevented selects and plain text fields from resetting.
However,
some text fields with defaults set using JavaScript date libraries
continue to reset to their defaults.

Notes: this does not occur in Firefox. I am using frames populated
dynamically (javascript). Another highly similar page (static html
only, no php) does not exhibit this in the same browser.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!