Forms

donh

Hi,

Can someone point me in the right direction please. I need to create
a survey form for work but don't know where to start. The form data
needs to be collected on laptops (that are not necessarily connected
to the Internet) and compiled onto a database locally then appended to
a master later when a connection is available.

If this is not the place to ask can you be kind enough to suggest
where the best places are to find out.

I am a new user to the web and will have to learn how to do any
suggestions.

Many thanks

Don

Bob

Don, if I were you I'd start with an MS Access or MS Excel form to
actually take the surveys. Then I'd keep the file on a shared
folder....when the user who took the surveys gets back into the office
(where there is a connection to a master db) I'd give them a button to
upload their survey(s). Or else you could have the master db look for
new files on the share and automatically upload the data.

donh

Don, if I were you I'd start with an MS Access or MS Excel form to
actually take the surveys. Then I'd keep the file on a shared
folder....when the user who took the surveys gets back into the office
(where there is a connection to a master db) I'd give them a button to
upload their survey(s). Or else you could have the master db look for
new files on the share and automatically upload the data.

Thanks Bob, I've just started to look at that but am getting
bewildered by the various technologies ASP PHP DSN etc etc. Seems I
can't just do a simple job without it getting more involved, and
although I'm prepared to learn I just don't know where to start and
the best/easiest way of achieving it.

Any further help would be great.

Don