Programming challenge?

Joined
Jul 23, 2021
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
I have a comma-delimited file that I have to enter onto a website. Takes the format of <PartNumber>,<Quantity>,<PartNumber>,<Quantity> etc.

The website order form looks like a 2-column Excel file - Column 1 is PartNumber, Column 2 is Quantity. Unfortunately, the website is not setup to allow importing - the user has to type the information into the boxes.

Currently we have to type the part number, TAB, quantity, TAB, part number, TAB, quantity, etc. I'd like a way to use the comma-delimited file and just paste it into the webform.

Any suggestions on how to do this? I tried to embed a <TAB> command into the text file but this wouldn't work. Is there a tiny utility that could be created that would read the .CSV file and then enter the data automatically into the form? The user would put the cursor into the first box so the utility would know where to start the process.

Joined
Jul 12, 2020
Messages
89
Reaction score
9
There are auto submitters that you can program to do that, years ago they were used to submit personal information to various contest sites etc., but I think it would still only enter one line a data at a time. Your best bet is to contact the site's developer and ask them to create either a file upload option or textarea input option that allows you to just submit the text or file allowing a script to process it into the database. They're real easy to build.

Joined
Jul 23, 2021
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
I've tried that. The problem is the website gives real-time status on whether the part is in-stock or not so just uploading the data doesn't tell us whether the part is there. Asking a supplier to update their tired website is like pushing a rope. Unfortunately we have more than 1 that has a setup like this.

Joined
Jul 12, 2020
Messages
89
Reaction score
9
Let me see if I'm understanding this right...
Your attempting to place a multi-item order on a suppliers website just to see if they have the parts in stock or not?

post the link

Joined
Nov 13, 2020
Messages
302
Reaction score
38
Take a look at "Auto Kot Key" I think it could do this for you, but you have to learn how to program it.