FormsAuthentication between ASP.NET 1.1 and 2.0 applications

rban

I'm trying to enable single sign-in using forms authentication between two
ASP.NET applications, one running under ASP.NET 1.1 and another running under
ASP.NET 2.0 on the same server. While single sign in between ASP.NET
applications is well documented, the solutions described won't work when I am
using different versions of ASP.NET. From my tests, the only way to make
forms authentication work between the two applications was only when I set
the attribute protection="None" in the forms tag in web.config, which is not
very helpful in a production environment.

I would appreciate any hints on how to enable this.

Regards,
rban

Peter Huang [MSFT]

Hi Rban,

Currently I am looking for somebody who could help you on it. We will reply
here with more information as soon as possible.
If you have any more concerns on it, please feel free to post here.

Thanks for your understanding!

Best regards,

Peter Huang
Microsoft Online Partner Support

rban

Yes, indeed, Scott's blog post solved my problem.
It seems that Peter found someone to answer my question!

Thanks Microsoft, great customer support.

rban