FormView not opening

sck10

Hello,

I have a LinkButton that does two things:

1. Open a GridView to view the records to open in the FormView
(fvServiceNotes)
2. Directly open the Formview in Insert mode (fvServiceNotes).

If you select the GridView, it show a list of records. On the
"SelectedIndexChanged" event, it opens the FormView to the correct record.

Everything works fine using the GridView to view and Edit the different
records.

The problem I am having is that if I click on the LinkButton to open the
FormView in insert mode and then cancel, and then click on the LinkButton to
open the Grid, the GridView will show all the rows, but the FormView will
not show when I click the "Select" link on the GridView.

sck10

Walter Wang [MSFT]

Hi sck10,
The problem I am having is that if I click on the LinkButton to open the
FormView in insert mode and then cancel, and then click on the LinkButton to
open the Grid, the GridView will show all the rows, but the FormView will
not show when I click the "Select" link on the GridView.

Do you mean the SelectedIndexChanged event of the GridView is not triggered
when you click the "Select" link on the GridView?

I'm afraid I cannot tell you much without actual working code to debug.
Could you please post some code or send the project to me directly? Thank
you.

Sincerely,
Microsoft Online Community Support

promptly.

sck10

Thanks Walter,

I sent the files...

sck10

Walter Wang said:
Hi sck10,

Do you mean the SelectedIndexChanged event of the GridView is not
triggered
when you click the "Select" link on the GridView?

I'm afraid I cannot tell you much without actual working code to debug.
Could you please post some code or send the project to me directly? Thank
you.

Sincerely,
Microsoft Online Community Support

check box "Tools/Options/Read: Get 300 headers at a time" to see your
reply
promptly.

rights.

Walter Wang [MSFT]

Hi sck10,

Thank you very much for your sample code. However, since the code is not
complete to run successfully, it's difficult for me to debug and track down
the problem.

Though, I have gone through the code and found some possible cause.

About 2 months ago, I've handled a case which is related to the declaration
order of GridView/FormView/DataSource,
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.data
gridcontrol/browse_frm/thread/e6374cf26e5424ad/

This is only a guess; you may have a try to change the order of your
GridView/FormView/SqlDataSource to see if it fixes the problem.

Maybe you could tailor the code to make it more complete so that I can
debug for you. I know this may cause you a lot of trouble to do it,
however, without working code (and the WebForm seems complicated), it's
rather difficult for me to pin down the root cause of the issue. Thank you
for effort and understanding.

Regards,
Microsoft Online Community Support