    design summery, i can see 99 IOB used, whats the use of it?
    secondly how can i reduce IOB usage.

    thanks

    niyander, Oct 28, 2009

  2. niyander

    Andy Guest

    IOBs represent the FPGA physical pins. By default, most synthesis
    tools will assume that ports on the top level entity become pins on
    the FPGA. There is an option to disable this feature if you are just
    running a trial synthesis for a module that will eventually be
    embedded deeper inside your FPGA design.

    Andy

    Andy, Oct 28, 2009

  3. niyander

    Andy Guest

    It depends on your synthesis tool...

    Look for a synthesis option called disable_io_insertion or similar (at least with Synplify).

    Andy

    Andy, Feb 10, 2014