frames? hate them or not?

brucie

In alt.html rf said:

what have you done to your buzzer? it sounds terrible.
I don't use it, except for testing. I am speaking for the millions of
sheep out there to do/must.

need a virus that will permanently erase IE or convince M$ to put an
open source browser in their automatic updates thingy. FF would be the
obvious choice.
It's ironic really. One of the banks the wife uses will not run on anything
other than IE. We have complained but to no avail.

2 banks have explained to me that they only support IE for "security
reasons".

overall i would rate australian sites/designers far below OS
counterparts. they're very amateurish in comparison.

Barbara de Zoete

The hierarchy is broken

Then something is wrong with the general design, me thinks.
and the structure becomes something that is less
practical. It never becomes impractical,

But, but, ... that is what *you* said happend in the first place:

^^^^^^^^^^^

See? So where do we disagree again?

Barbara de Zoete

Barbara de Zoete wrote, without attribution to the preceeding poster:

First of all you might rethink your quoting style,

Me so sorry (like I did that on purpose) :p
Secondly, Please explain how the 80%+ of people out there who use IE are
turn off CSS. Really, I don't know how to, other than to provide the
browser
default CSS as my user default.

Upgrade to Lynx? :-D

Toby Inkster

Roy said:
Besides, with properly built sites (e.g. my blog at
http://schestowitz.com/Weblog), navigation becomes impractical when you
disable CSS.

With properly built sites, CSS is used for all presenation, but the site
is perfectly usable when CSS is disabled. And your site isn't too bad in
that regard.

In fact, I think your site is better without the CSS -- can't stand Lucida.

Neredbojias

Without quill or qualm, rf quothed:
It's ironic really. One of the banks the wife uses will not run on anything
other than IE. We have complained but to no avail.

Get a pig...

Travis Newbury

I read years ago that a lot of surfers do NOT like pages made with frames.
I have been using Flash for years and somebody wants an html multi-page
site. I don't want to repeat the logo and table buttons and I do know how to
make a 3-frame site. Does anyon know if frames are still acceptable? Thanks
much

From your description, you have no need for frames. There are any
number of ways to have the code automated from one page to the other.
Once cached, the user will never reload it anyway.