From Basic Authentication to Form-Based Authentication

Dom

Hi,

I need to change an application that uses Basic Authentication to use
Form-Based Authentication. This is simple to do and is done.

Right, but I now have a possible problem whereby some users who have
saved their username and password using the check box option on the
Basic Authentication window will not be able to enter the application.
This is because their passwords were auto-generated to something that
wasn't easy to remember and thus they've now forgotten it. They had
that check-box checked all the time so they didn't need to remember.

Is it possible for the new Form-Based Authentication to pick up the
username and password and populate these fields on the form just like
the Basic Authentication did? Where does the browser store this info?

Any help is greatly appreciated,
Dom