From Frames to no frames?

Powerslave2112

My site (shameless plug http://home.carolina.rr.com/kirschfamily) has frames
(one contents frame, and then a target frame). If I want to link to a page
(either within my site or outside it) that has no frames, how do I do that
since every link in the contents side will open up in the main side. I tried
to remove the target tag, bu tthat just opens it up on the contents side.
TIA 4 any help

Stephan

Hywel Jenkins

My site (shameless plug http://home.carolina.rr.com/kirschfamily) has frames
(one contents frame, and then a target frame). If I want to link to a page
(either within my site or outside it) that has no frames, how do I do that
since every link in the contents side will open up in the main side. I tried
to remove the target tag, bu tthat just opens it up on the contents side.
TIA 4 any help

target="_top"

brucie

in post: <
Powerslave2112 said:

you should remove the frames. you haven't got a reason to use them and
every reason to remove them.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/l_vajzovic/tom/web/frames.html
http://www.karlcore.com/articles/article.php?id=2
http://david.us-lot.org/www/frames/

heres a quick php example of sticking a common file (menu.txt) in
multiple pages:

source of the actual php page:
http://moreshit.bruciesusenetshit.info/include-menu-thingy.phps

<?include 'menu.txt';?> is used to include the contents of the menu.txt
file in the page.

the menu.txt file:
http://moreshit.bruciesusenetshit.info/menu.txt

putting it together:
http://moreshit.bruciesusenetshit.info/include-menu-thingy.php

when someone visits the page the server has a look at the page and
replaces <?include 'menu.txt';?> with the contents of the menu.txt file
and then sends the page to the visitor.

other methods: http://allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?Include_one_file_in_another