Garden Wiki page Deleted?

T. Onoma

I had a page on the Garden Wiki called ThoughtsOnRubyShortcomings. While it
may not have had the most flattering of titles, it nonetheless had some
interesting (IMHO) thoughts on it. So my question is: why was it deleted?

I can only conclude that either A) it got caught up in all this wiki spam back
peddling, or B) someone deleted b/c of the title.

In either case, is there a way to get it back? I will delete it myself if no
one wants it around --just as long as I can get a personal copy of it first.

Thanks,
T.

Cristi BALAN

I had a page on the Garden Wiki called ThoughtsOnRubyShortcomings. While it
may not have had the most flattering of titles, it nonetheless had some
interesting (IMHO) thoughts on it. So my question is: why was it deleted?

I can only conclude that either A) it got caught up in all this wiki spam back
peddling, or B) someone deleted b/c of the title.

In either case, is there a way to get it back? I will delete it myself if no
one wants it around --just as long as I can get a personal copy of it first.

Thanks,
T.

FYI, it's still in the google cache, and I just saved it for you in
case it gets removed or updated to a version that just says "deleted"
until you get it.

http://66.102.11.104/search?q=cache...Shortcomings+ThoughtsOnRubyShortcomings&hl=en

Bill Guindon

FYI, it's still in the google cache, and I just saved it for you in
case it gets removed or updated to a version that just says "deleted"
until you get it.

http://66.102.11.104/search?q=cache...Shortcomings+ThoughtsOnRubyShortcomings&hl=en

Restored a more recent revision from the wiki itself (with minor edits)
http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?ThoughtsOnRubyShortcomings
http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?action=browse&id=ThoughtsOnRubyShortcomings&revision=20

had seen that title, and was wondering what that page was. now I know :)

Bill Guindon

Bless you both!

Happy to help.

I seriously doubt the deletion was intentional. It's a fairly mild
page, and it's just constructive criticism. It's not like it's an
'attack' page, and I'd like to think even an attack page wouldn't get
deleted. I'm sticking to that story, but I have no way of knowing, as
I'm a Nuby myself.

For future sake... you can use the "View Other Revisions" link at the
bottom of the pages to see if there are older copies available.
That's how I found it.

Bill Guindon (aka aGorilla)

T. Onoma

Happy to help.

I seriously doubt the deletion was intentional. It's a fairly mild
page, and it's just constructive criticism. It's not like it's an
'attack' page, and I'd like to think even an attack page wouldn't get
deleted. I'm sticking to that story, but I have no way of knowing, as
I'm a Nuby myself.

Yes, I imagine so. But its a crazy world! Actually, my guess is this: somet
time ago I had deleted the page and put the word DELETE there. But it was
still there so I started using it again. Then it must have gotten spammed.
Some maintainer went to fix and saw the old revision of DELETE and obliged
me with DELETED. That's all I can think of --but it means there are some
problems with the spam rollbacks.
For future sake... you can use the "View Other Revisions" link at the
bottom of the pages to see if there are older copies available.
That's how I found it.

Great tip. Thanks.