Get tables to edge of page

Leif K-Brooks

asdfdgasg said:
How do I make my main page layout table to touch the edge of the page?
Either don't use tables for layout, or if you really have to (don't!),
get rid of the margin and padding:
body {
padding : 0em;
margin : 0em;
}

Steve

asdfdgasg said:
How do I make my main page layout table to touch the edge of the page?

You can also get away with doing this in the <body> tag, though it's not
valid code (but it still works)

You need all four of those because IE honers two of them and NS honers
the other two.

EightNineThree

Steve said:
You can also get away with doing this in the <body> tag, though it's not
valid code (but it still works)

You need all four of those because IE honers two of them and NS honers
the other two.

Why not do it the right way: CSS

DU

EightNineThree said:
Why not do it the right way: CSS

Opera 7 browser default padding value on the body element is 8px. So,
you would also need to set padding to 0.

IMO, it is never recommendable to remove margins (or padding) to the
body element (or to the root element). Users never like to read that
close to the side of the browser viewport. No books, no newspaper, no
printed material, no media (like tv, printing, etc..) remove all margins
around a media content. Not even pictures.
Browsers have default margin css declarations to body element - even a
border for the root element - for excellent reasons; removing these is
taking risks of annoying, irritating the visitors, customers.

DU