Getting error message when trying to open VS 2003 project

Guest

Hi all,

I am getting this error message when I try to open a project in Visual
Studio .NET 2003. Now, this is happening only for one of my projects, the
rest are fine. This particular project is based on ASP.NET and has Web forms.
The files for this project reside remotely on a Windows 2000 Server machine
with IIS 6.0, .NET framework 1.1 installed. The VS 2003 program is installed
on my client machine which has Windows 2000 Professional. The error message I
am getting is:

Unable to read the project file 'xxxx.vbproj'. The volume for a file has
been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid.

I suspect a corrupted project file but I am not 100% sure. I tried to
look this up on the internet and MSDN, but have not found anything relevant
and close to resolving this problem. Has anyone encountered this particular
problem before and have you found a solution to it?

Any tips or advice is appreciated.

Daniel.