Getting error zipimport.ZipImportError: can't decompress data; zlib not available

shabda raaj

I have a VPS server with fedora 7.
I wanted to install easy_install on this server, but I got an error
saying
unable to open /usr/lib/ > python2.5/config/Makefile (No such file or
directory).
So I installed the latest version of python from source.
Now when I am trying to install libraries, I am getting an error like,
"zipimport.ZipImportError: can't decompress data; zlib not available"

Diez B. Roggisch

shabda said:
I have a VPS server with fedora 7.
I wanted to install easy_install on this server, but I got an error
saying
unable to open /usr/lib/ > python2.5/config/Makefile (No such file or
directory).
So I installed the latest version of python from source.
Now when I am trying to install libraries, I am getting an error like,
"zipimport.ZipImportError: can't decompress data; zlib not available"

You'd better install the python-devel-package of the fedora-python. Then
the first attempt should work, and you can forget about the
self-compiled version.

Diez