getting exact height of a panel with a height="100%"

samer

Hi,
I have a table with 3 columns and 1 row.
in each cell I have a panel with solid borders.
in each panel I have text box and its labels.
the text boxes in each panel are displayed below each other. each panel is
set to 100% height.
Let's say :
Panel1 has 5 text boxes
Panel2 has 3 text boxes
Panel3 has 10 text boxes
In this case I will end up with 3 panels with different heights (because of
the different content).
How can I get the height of the biggest panel (in this case Panel3) and set
it to Panel1 and Panel2? I need to have the 3 panels with the same height.
Knowing that if I try to access the height of any panel I get 0 because the
height is set to 100 %.

any idea?
thanks

Gregory A. Beamer

Hi,
I have a table with 3 columns and 1 row.
in each cell I have a panel with solid borders.
in each panel I have text box and its labels.
the text boxes in each panel are displayed below each other. each
panel is set to 100% height.
Let's say :
Panel1 has 5 text boxes
Panel2 has 3 text boxes
Panel3 has 10 text boxes
In this case I will end up with 3 panels with different heights
(because of the different content).
How can I get the height of the biggest panel (in this case Panel3)
and set it to Panel1 and Panel2? I need to have the 3 panels with the
same height. Knowing that if I try to access the height of any panel I
get 0 because the height is set to 100 %.

You are not going to get the height, as it does not matter in a span. I
know it matters to you, but a span (or div for that matter) is simply a
flexible container.

I am also not sure why you have an issue if the panels are in a table,
as the table row will keep the Panels appearing the same size, unless
you have three panels in a single cell. If so, split them out.

Peace and Grace,

samer

Hi,
actually I have in each cell more than 1 panel and I need panels on the same
level to have all the same size.
Any other control I can use instead of the panel to achieve this?

thanks.

Gregory A. Beamer

Hi,
actually I have in each cell more than 1 panel and I need panels on
the same level to have all the same size.
Any other control I can use instead of the panel to achieve this?

Consider using a table within a table, or set up CSS rules to make them
more consistent. You can also consider setting vertical alignment to top so
they all start at the top of the cell.

Not sure of anything elese you can use to get around this, as you are
dealing with an HTML problem, not a control problem per se.

Peace and Grace,