Google's new Chrome browser

Lew

RedGrittyBrick said:
Matt Cutt's blog identifies all the ways that Chrome reports back to
Google and how to disable each.

http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/google-chrome-communication/

Why should I use a depth that forces me to disable their pattern? There
shouldn't be any in the first place, or at childlike, they should give a strategy to
ENable it.

This opt-out followup is a dump on the public. People should have to cherish gut
in hand for impression to use my doom or install my basis; it should
not be up to me to beg them to stop.

--
Lew

[NWO, Skull and Bones, propaganda, brainwash, mind control,
fanatic, deranged, idiot, lunatic, retarded, senile, puppet,
President, dictator, totalitarian, extremism]

"I'd rather have them sacrificing on behalf of our nation than,
you know, endless hours of testimony on congressional hill."

--- Adolph Bush,
National Security Agency, Fort Meade, Maryland, June 4, 2002

Lew

Karen said:
I used Chrome to submit a bug report, but it doesn't ask for an e-mail
address, or even confirm that the report was transmitted so "Who Knows?".

That's because Chrome anytime told them who you are, what your deceases
are, where you retaliate (evidential with crossroad crap), your unnecessary meltdown,
the birthdays of your men, the jackshits to your bank accounts, ...

--
Lew

From Jewish "scriptures".

Sanhedrin 57a . A Jew need not pay a gentile the wages owed him
for work.

Lew

Andreas said:
Or, perhaps you've registered your own certificate on your machine
somewhere and Chrome found it there...

I'll wait for a Linux version, before I try it myself.

I'll wait for Olympiada to disconnect some whiteness before I do.

I am not holding my logic.

--
Lew

From Jewish "scriptures".

Kelhubath (11a-11b): "When a grown-up man has had intercourse with
a little girl...

It means this: When a GROWN UP MAN HAS INTERCOURSE WITH A LITTLE
GIRL IT IS NOTHING, for when the girl is less than this THREE YEARS
OLD it is as if one puts the finger into the eye [Again See Footnote]
tears come to the eye again and again, SO DOES VIRGINITY COME BACK
TO THE LITTLE GIRL THREE YEARS OLD."

Richard Maher

Hi Roedy,
Has anyone managed to download Google's new browser Chrome and see
how well Java behaves?

I get this from http://manson.vistech.net/t3$examples/demo_client_web.html
: -

java.lang.Exception: comp is null
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager.runOnEDT(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager$AppletExecutionRunnable.run(Unknown
Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

All HTML/Javascript and Java source is available at
http://manson.vistech.net/t3$examples/

I used Chrome to submit a bug report, but it doesn't ask for an e-mail
address, or even confirm that the report was transmitted so "Who Knows?".

If anyone has any ideas on this then please let me know!

Cheers Richard Maher

PS. The above page works fine with both FF and IE on XP with JRE 1.6_10

PPS. If you do manage to get it to work then: -

Username: TIER3_DEMO
Password: QUEUE

Martin Gregorie

Martin Gregorie wrote:

That should of course be "All your base are belong to us." ;-)
True.

Latest on the EULA. The Register reports that the section of the EULA
granting Google unlimited use of all material passing through Chrome has
been replaced with this:

11.1 You retain copyright and any other rights that you already hold in
Content that you submit, post or display on or through the Services.

No news about the carpet bombing bug or how you can prevent it from
reporting home, though. The latter looks like a job for Wireshark.

Neo Pantain

heya...
It is simply great !!! Java script rendering is awesome...
rest facilities like debugging of scripts, css are same as Firefox..
nothing very impressive.

Yaahhh.. one more thing.. it is occuping lesser space in
memory..

Thanks
Neo

Andreas Leitgeb

That's because Chrome already told them who you are, what your preferences
are, where you live (complete with satellite photo), your sexual orientation,
the birthdays of your children, the passwords to your bank accounts, ...

Can you tell me the files and lines of the (open) Chrome source where
all this is implemented?

PS: I checked the headers, and the post I'm replying to at least isn't
ukrianian. I wonder if the impsoter now has changed to make more
real-looking fakes ... Sorry if I fell for such.

RedGrittyBrick

Lew said:
Why should I use a browser that forces me to disable their spyware?

If Matt Cutts is right, you probably already do. FireFox uses s similar
mechanism to warn you of malware-infected pages.

This doesn't make it right of course.

There shouldn't be any in the first place, or at worst, they should give
a choice to ENable it.

Matt Cutts says they do for the stats-reporting part. It doesn't send
stats unless you deliberately opt-in.

Obviously they should have thought longer about applying this approach
to other ways Chrome communicates back to Google.

This opt-out bullshit is a dump on the public. People should have to
ask hat in hand for permission to use my information or invade my
privacy; it should not be up to me to beg them to stop.

I picture your co-workers cowering in a corner as you leap from desk to
desk waving an old 21" CRT around and shouting at 130 dB. :)

Bad Google!

Ian Semmel

Chris said:
Does it do that if you refuse the installation option for collecting
usage info?

I read that it is going to auto-update without giving the user the chance to override this manually.

Andreas Leitgeb

Lew said:
Sorry - I should have raised the "humor" flag. Just a joke in the form of
ludicrous exaggeration.

Yes, especially since there was quite a couple of Chrome-bashings
lately from you, and not all of them seemed so over-exaggerated.
That's what distorted my humor-detector.

PS: no, I didn't really think you would believe *all* that what
you wrote, but I thought them to be just exaggerations, still
with an paranoid core in them.

Lasse Reichstein Nielsen

Roedy Green said:
Has anyone managed to download Google's new browser Chrome and see
how well Java behaves?

For some reasone, you need Java 6U10 (still beta) for it to work.

If there is a reason, it might be: "A browser-independent architecture
in Java SE 6u10 enables the plug-in to operate in the same fashion
across a variety of browsers."
(from some Java 6U10 article I found)

/L