    www.jrdesignstudio.com

    Many thanks,
    JR Design Studio

    www.jrdesignstudio.com, Oct 17, 2007

  2. www.jrdesignstudio.com

    Andy Dingley Guest

    Abysmal.

    I wander up to your site, looking to spend money on design skills and
    I'm told "You can't come in, you're not fashionable enough, your
    plugins are out of date and those jeans is casual."

    So, I won't. Goodbye.

    Incidentally, I do have the right plugin. Requiring it's bad enough,
    telling me I'm wrong when I'm not is unforgivable.

    Andy Dingley, Oct 17, 2007

  3. www.jrdesignstudio.com

    Chaddy2222 Guest

    Browser sniffing gone horbly wrong? Is what normally causes that. In
    this case though it could just be moronic design.

    Chaddy2222, Oct 17, 2007
  4. Thanks! Quite right.... I was thinking of getting rid of the green man
    - just to read the comments and to confirm that I don't need to tell
    people what they don't have. Very good point!
    Thanks again.

    www.jrdesignstudio.com, Oct 17, 2007
  5. www.jrdesignstudio.com

    Neredbojias Guest

    Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Wed, 17 Oct 2007 13:13:56 GMT
    www.jrdesignstudio.com scribed:
    What the hell, I just looked at this site! Do you suffer from senility or
    just don't give a damn about net etiquette?

    Neredbojias, Oct 17, 2007
  6. The problem is that the green man warns you even when you *do* have the
    plugin! Also do not top-post please.

    Jonathan N. Little, Oct 17, 2007

  7. It's very pretty. Does it need to be in Flash? The transitions are nice,
    but only if you get past the annoyance of watching a movie with
    transitions when you want to be clicking on things. Surely if your
    design inclines me to want to hire you, you don't want me to have to
    wait for a transition to finish loading first! ;-)

    What would it take to re-create the same look and feel, but using
    images, CSS, and HTML? Not only will you gain the respect of your peers,
    but I bet you'll have a much more Google-friendly site as a result. It
    will probably also be much less of a pain to make updates.

    Oh, and fire the bouncer. He almost turned me away, even though I met
    his standards.

    David Hennessy, Oct 17, 2007
  8. www.jrdesignstudio.com

    Sparky Guest

    get rid of the person at the beginning...
    um... the fad in transitions take a long time... added with loading,
    if i were you id take them out or put something out

    Sparky, Oct 17, 2007
  9. www.jrdesignstudio.com

    mr rudeforth Guest

    hmmm apparently you are "Profoundly competent".

    mr rudeforth, Oct 18, 2007
  10. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Chaddy2222 <spamlovermailbox-
    You mean http://www.moRondeSign.com ? (heavy flash and noisy, but fun)

    Adrienne Boswell, Oct 18, 2007
  11. www.jrdesignstudio.com

    Chaddy2222 Guest

    Nah, I mean the fact that the Op's site did not show any actual
    content when it loaded and just demanded that the visitor needed to
    get a plug-in is moronic.
    The main designers site should be accessible to the majority of
    computer users, after all most of the people they are targeting would
    not have much technical knowledge. If they did they would not be
    paying them to design their website.

    Chaddy2222, Oct 18, 2007
  12. Aw! But summoning the Dark Lord doesn't do anything! I guess just as
    unreliable as his counterpart.

    Jonathan N. Little, Oct 18, 2007
  13. I, even being a flash lover, would run away from your site. That
    "disclaimer" as your home page is retarded. (And I am doing a
    disservice to all the retarded people in the world by making that
    comparison)

    The animation is amateurish and sucks at best. (it also gives you a
    headache if you watch it). Whats with the lime green color? Did
    anyone in your shop take color theory?

    Your logo looks like buttons and that is the first place I took my
    mouse to find the navigation.

    Lose the all flash site. Do a mix of Flash and html. Forget the
    disclaimer screen in the beginning. There was nothing I saw that
    required your page to be published in Flash 9. Always publish in
    flash 7 if you can.

    Travis Newbury, Oct 19, 2007
  14. www.jrdesignstudio.com

    Andy Dingley Guest

    Nostalgia for the hospital they grew up in.

    Andy Dingley, Oct 19, 2007
  15. www.jrdesignstudio.com

    Bergamot Guest

    Is lime green still a trendy color?

    Bergamot, Oct 19, 2007
  16. www.jrdesignstudio.com

    frederick Guest

    If you'll accept a non-expert's view as well:

    I also thought the man at the beginning was telling me I don't have
    the correct version of Flash installed. Unfortunately after that you
    give visitors something that's effectively a splash page before it
    transitions into content. Making visitors click/wait through two
    steps before getting to the site proper can't be a good idea,
    especially when the first step may well make them think that the site
    is broken or their browser won't be able to handle it.

    With Javascript disabled your site is plug-ugly, but perhaps that's
    what you mean when saying that the HTML version is yet to be dealt
    with.

    The "Stop" and "Play" buttons at the bottom-right of the "intro" page
    are pointless.

    The logo at top-right looks like a series of buttons (but isn't). The
    combination of purple (used only here) and green (used here and
    everywhere else) is jarring to me. The text below the "buttons" also
    looks like it should align with them, but doesn't.

    The "sliding" green bars when moving the mouse pointer over the menu
    at top-left are needlessly distracting, and don't move in an intuitive
    direction when moving the mouse pointer between options (they seem at
    times to be moving "backwards").

    For some reason in Firefox Ctrl-Page Up and Ctrl-Page Down won't
    navigate away from the tab your page is on. Maybe it always does that
    with Flash-based sites, I don't know.

    The text showing the e-mail address after clicking on "contact" is
    selectable (which is good) but the text showing the 'phone numbers
    isn't (which is bad). You talk about offices in Oxford and Hants. but
    give an address for neither, and the telephone and fax numbers are
    only for the latter location. The contrast between text and
    background on your contact form is also extremely low, making the text
    hard to read, and indeed the "SUBMIT" button is almost invisible to my
    eyes.

    You use a reasonable font size but nevertheless don't provide any
    option for people to increase it if they wish to. Do you only want to
    attract business from people with 20:20 vision?

    Only after several minutes did I realise that the boxes on the right
    were clickable!

    I do actually quite like your site but the Flash is just overused.
    I'd restrict its use for the "frippery" on the right and keep the core
    parts of the site in HTML. That would also have the eminent advantage
    of not having to duplicate your site for HTML and Flash versions,
    would mean that URLs that search engines know about (via what's now
    the separate HTML version) would correspond to the URL for the page a
    human visitor will see, and would mean that individual "pages" would
    be bookmarkable.

    frederick, Oct 19, 2007
  17. www.jrdesignstudio.com

    Bergamot Guest

    Yeah, that's a long-standing issue with gecko browsers. Once you "click"
    within the flash movie, *it* has focus and normal keyboard operation
    doesn't work right any more. You can't tab out of it, either.

    :(

    Bergamot, Oct 20, 2007
  18. www.jrdesignstudio.com

    frederick Guest

    Ah, thanks for that. I guess it's obvious how many Flash websites I
    frequent!

    frederick, Oct 20, 2007